Jul 5, 2007

Anniversary Celebration

Sunday and Monday Jeff and I went away to celebrate our fifth anniversary. Sometimes it feels like more, sometimes less, but always an adventure. It truly is a gift to be able to share life's adventures, ups and downs, with my best buddy! Lots of times I think I got the better end of the deal, but don't let on that I know. :-D

We started our time away by going to the Indiana Dunes and hiking a couple of the trails there. If you haven't been there, this is like huge piles of fine sand near Lake Michigan. I'm sure it's more than that, but that's what I saw. It was really neat to be in nature. Sometimes it felt like we were really out in the middle of nowhere and then we would pass other people. It was a nice change of pace! We decided to take the 1.5 mile "rugged" trail, and let me tell you, there were points on the trail that kicked my butt. Walking almost vertical up a hill of sand is not easy! These last couple of months of walking, biking, and running were really helpful in not having to stop as much on our way up the hills. Once we got to the Lake, we took a "moderate" trail, which was a good thing, because I'm not sure my knees could have finished the rugged trail.

We had a nice dinner and stayed at a lovely B&B in Valparaiso. Then Monday we headed up to Michigan to do some wine tasting! We did winery tours and wine tastings in Missouri for our honeymoon, so it brought back good memories. We went to a couple places we had found online, and a couple that were recommended by friends.

Between this weekend and our stop at Oliver on our way to Bloomington a few weeks ago, our wine rack is stocked to the point that we don't have room for all of our wine! Some of our friends helped us remedy that a little last night as we celebrated the 4th of July, but that is for another post.

No comments: