Jul 18, 2007

planes, cars, and hot air balloons

Cars
After much searching, waiting, phone calls, and emails, last night Jeff and I purchased a new car. It is a Nissan Versa, sapphire blue. It's pretty cute and zippy! I don't have pictures yet, but if I can remember I'll take some tonight and post.

Planes and Hot Air Balloons

This week is VBS week at the church. Our theme is "Lift off!" and I'm in charge of "Sky Songs" along with my fabulous youth helpers. Lindsey, Michelle, and Amanda are absolutely fantastic. Their energy keeps me going. Wednesday is usually the hardest day...I really felt like I was dragging myself in this morning. There are a lot of motions to the songs this year, lots of jumping (as we "lift off," get it?), so it is pretty much like three hours of aerobics every day this week! It is so much fun to watch the kids and to see their enthusiasm. It's neat to see the "vbs kids," the ones who don't regularly come to our church, but we see them every year at VBS. I hope that we truly help build a foundation for them that lasts for years beyond.


And now I'm going home to take a nap. :-D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't Julie absolutely fantastic, too? Even if I am just an honorary music helper?

Heather said...

Of course Julie is fantastic too.