Jul 12, 2007

Sold!

Last night Jeff and I sold our 1995 Honda Accord to Carmax. I found myself being strangely emotional about it as I drove behind him, thinking back to when we were a one-car, just-married couple. We took that car on our honeymoon, where we were hit in a post office parking lot. It took several trips between Evanston and Kansas, then Whiting and Kansas. Probably there is still some of Kayla's hair in it--that was the car we used to transport her. Good times.

It felt like such an "adult" thing to do, selling the car. Neither of us had sold a car before last night. I find myself having more and more of these "adult" moments and I think that must mean that I'm an adult, and I know I am, but it sometimes feels weird to call myself an adult. And I feel oh-so-cliche that it does.

Tomorrow we will test-drive Nissan Versas and Mazda 3, both hatchback--excuse me, 5 door.

I would be willing to bet that as long as we can find what we want, we will have a new car before the weekend is over. That's kind of how Jeff works. He gets fixated (he used the word "obsessed") and focused on something until it sometimes gets to the point when I want to say, look, just do it and get on with things. Not that it frustrates me, I just don't get that wrapped up in decisions. Ok, well, I like to mull over decisions for a while, but he can take it to a whole other level. And that's one of the things that I like about him. So my prediction is that we'll be a two-car couple again before the weekend is over, or at least by the time he leaves for Louisiana next Saturday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exciting!!!