Apr 13, 2007

Slowing Down

This weekend I am playing bachelorette. (can I say that? well, I just did.) Jeff is in Phoenix for a friend's wedding. I was originally going to go with him, but it turns out that I would have only had two vacation days left for the rest of 2007 (since we went to NOLA). He did a really good job of not rubbing it in that he would be in gorgeous weather for the weekend. I think it's supposed to get warmer here, too, so I'm looking forward to maybe riding my bike this afternoon!

This week has been nice, especially compared to the craziness of last week. (I like Holy Week, but I'm glad it just comes once a year.) I've allowed myself some time away from work by taking Wednesday off. And although I went to work early after dropping Jeff off at the airport yesterday, I took some time in the middle of the day instead of being at the church for 10 hours straight. It feels really good to stray a little bit from my normal schedule. I even started the PowerPoint for Sunday early this week and actually finished it yesterday! That really is a rare thing. It almost feels weird to not have it hanging over my head. Weird, but still really nice.

It's nice every once in a while to set a schedule and not really have to worry about what someone else is doing or what we should be doing together. I'm not complaining, just enjoying the temporary change.

No comments: