Jan 26, 2008

Slither and the cross

Jeff and I watched the movie "Slither" tonight. I don't want to speak for Jeff, but I think we reacted differently to the movie. I understand that it is supposed to be a funny horror movie, but there are reasons why I don't usually watch scary movies. Mostly because I keep running scenes through my mind, unlike Jeff who can pretty much be done with the movie with the last scene. There were certain parts of scenes that really bothered me as a woman--much like a rape scene.

After we finished the movie and were heating up some dinner, I had the song "The Old Rugged Cross" going through my mind, as well as some of the bothersome images from the movie. I'm sure there's some correlation between the two, but I haven't figured it out yet. Still, it's a little creepy.

No comments: