Jun 21, 2007

Reinvigorating Singing

I seem to blog in spurts. Oh well. Here I go again.

I recently purchased and watched a dvd by Paul Baloche, who wrote the song "Open the Eyes of My Heart." It is an instructional workshop on worship vocals. They covered everything from microphone use and selection to blending, harmony, style, and warm-ups. The warm-up they recommended is the same one I use with my kids choir! It's fun. Anyway, I digress. It is fabulously done and I intend to share it with each of the vocalists in our worship band. I am also thinking alternatively of having a "showing" at my house for our vocalists along with popcorn and drinks.

After watching it, I also purchased the worship band workshop dvd. I plan on sharing this with the instrumentalists in the band.

I hope that watching these workshops will help to help us take the band to the next level in a way that I by myself cannot explain, incorporating ideas from everyone in the band.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great, Heather! A viewing at your house---count me in!