Oct 10, 2008

Baby Clinger update

Well, so much for my boring pregnancy.  Up until now there hasn't really been anything to report, but here's the latest.

Yesterday morning I had a regular appointment with my doctor, and everything was fine.  I went to Lawrence to work as planned.  I felt some tingles in my foot, so checked with a family friend who is a doctor.  She had me come in and ran some tests, and talked with my doctor's office.  They want me on bed rest for the weekend.  Tonight I'll go to the lab here in Olathe where they'll run a few more tests, and we'll get the results on Monday afternoon when I have an appointment with my doctor's practice partner.  They're checking for pre-eclampsia, which is related to blood pressure.  Mine has always been fine, but the doctor in Lawrence saw a couple other indicators that could be precursors to pre-eclampsia.

What happens next depends on the results from the lab work.  The good news in all this is that we're less than a month away from the due date, so if they decide to deliver, the baby would be early but probably not dangerously so.  Jeff's trip to Arkansas next week is up in the air, and he's cleared his schedule of pretty much everything, so we're hanging out together.  We'll get some movies and probably pull out some of our board games.  We're hoping the doctors are just being cautious, but we're also trying to get prepared for the possibility of an early delivery.  We'll update at www.theclingerfamily.com.  Your prayers and support are, of course, appreciated.

3 comments:

barbmom said...

Indeed you and Bubba/Babbette are in my prayers. Nothing like a little forced rest to refocus and reflect. Perhaps during this long weekend you would like to ponder some of my name choices. :) Since I am now convinced the soon to be grandchild is a girl...how 'bout Marnie? It is the combination of Ernie and Marie...said g-child's parents. Not bad...unless you are set on Babette. I have more suggestions. Casper isn't bad, but if you don't deliver on Halloween that's just silly. And, I would never impose silly names.

Anonymous said...

Heather and Jeff,
You are both in my prayers.
All through the pregnancy your child has been in God's hands, so I think He's just looking out for Baby Clinger a bit closer as you get ready to welcome him/her into your lives. I'll be thinking of you all.
Diane

Heather said...

Barb, although I didn't spend much time on it, I did ponder some of your name suggestions this weekend. It didn't take very long. :-) Thanks for the suggestions, we'll let you know when he/she enters the world.

Diane, thanks for your words of support. It means so much to us that our friends and family are praying for us!

(read today's post for an update.)