May 12, 2008

Mothers-ish Day

Yesterday I had a very nice Mothers-ish Day.  Saturday the florist tried to deliver flowers, but we weren't home.  When we found the note, it was after their business hours, so I had to wait until today to find out who sent them, although I did have my suspicions.  (I was right, they were from my mom!  I got them today.)  Sunday morning, there was a lovely card from Jeff on my dresser promising lunch after church.  



We had lunch at a place called Theo's.  It wasn't quite as good as we had remembered from eating there once before, but I still had a good time.  It was cold, rainy, and windy all day yesterday, and the weather combined with the big lunch added up to an afternoon nap.  After the nap I called my mom to wish her a happy mother's day, then got ready to go to youth group.

Over lunch Jeff and I commented that next mother's day we will have a six month old.  We can't really imagine what that will be like.  We're pretty sure it will change our lives in unimaginable ways, and we're pretty excited about that!

No comments: