Mar 8, 2007

Jeff and I have been on Atkins for a little over two months now. Jeff has lost about 26 pounds, and I have lost 10. Woo hoo! Even though I had read the book and can see and feel the results, there was still that guilty part of me that thought "most of the world thinks this is bad for me." But then, deet-de-de-dee (imagine a trumpet), lo and behold yesterday a study was published in the Journal of the American Medical Association that says women like me achieved better weight loss and health results while on Atkins. Not that I doubted before, but it was just nice to see more support. Dr. Mary Vernon, a family friend, is kind of the new Dr. Atkins and you can read her blog here. Also, you can read the report from her blog here.

On an unrelated note, Jeff and I are getting ready to be on vacation, which means that we have bunches of things to get done before we leave (which I am currently not doing). We're going on a trip with our sisters, and this will be the first trip that the four of us have taken together. I'm really excited! Kayla will have a live-in buddy for the week, so that's a plus since we won't have to feel guilty about her being in the kennel. In the meantime, trying to cram two weeks of work into one is exhausting. Makes me really long for the vacation!

No comments: